At Rum Tum Tugger’s Nurseries, we encourage parents to take a healthy interest in their child’s well-being whilst they are in our care. We also ask parents/carers to come forward and voice their concerns or criticisms to us. We believe that a strong working relationship with all parents/carers can only serve to reinforce the positive standards we set for the care that we provide.
When a parent/carer has a complaint, the following procedure will be adopted:
- When a parent raises a complaint about the setting verbally, in writing or by email, the matter will be recorded in the Complaints Log
- The record will be shown to a member of the management team, who will take responsibility for the analysis and review of the matter.
- A written acknowledgement will be passed back to the parent/carer within 48 hours which will also explain the handling process and set a timescale for review
- The matter will be fully investigated, gathering information from all parties involved
- Analysis of information will culminate in a programme of actions that will rectify the issue.
- An agenda of action will be provided for the parent/carers information and involvement if appropriate
- An opportunity for review will be established
If a parent is not satisfied with the nursery’s resolution, they can make the matter known to Ofsted. The address for this region is:
Ofsted Early Years Telephone 08456 404040
National Business Unit
Royal Exchange Buildings
St Ann’s Square
Reviewed March 2008, Hayley Martin-Burns, Director