Child Safety & Security Policy1>
Child Safety & Security Policy
The children’s safety is paramount to all other issues. Any actions carried out by a member of staff will reflect the significance of this fact at all times.
Staff and parent/carers are to ensure that at all times:
- All entrances and exits to the nursery building and premises are closed and secured when not in use.
- All external gates are closed and secured when not in use.
- All visitors will be signed in and out of the visitors book.
- All visitors will be supervised whilst on the premises
- All visitors to nursery will remove shoes or wear shoe covers whilst in the building.
- Children must be handed into the care of a member of the staff team, inside the building.
- A child’s presence and time of arrival in nursery must be immediately signed into the register.
- The register must also be up-dated to show the time when a child leaves the nursery.
- Children will only be released into the care of a nominated collector. Collectors other than parents must be nominated in writing and should be able to give the password stated on a child’s enrolment form. Children will not be released into the care of a minor unless in exceptional circumstances and with prior permission.
- If a member of staff has any doubt about the identity of a collector, they will be asked to wait outside of the building whilst there identity is established via the parent/carer.
- Children over the age of 24 months are asked to wear uniform at all times. This is particularly important during nursery outings.
Reviewed May 2008