Aims and Objectives1>
Aims and Objectives
At Rum Tum Tugger’s Nurseries we welcome suggestions and feedback from all nursery users, staff, parent/carers and visitors. We strive to maintain the following as a minimum standard.
- To recognise that a child’s needs and safety are paramount and must override all other considerations.
- To provide an environment that is not only safe but is also a stimulating and happy place to be.
- To show understanding and consideration to the statutory guidelines and legal documents that govern childcare
- To work in partnership with parent/carers, the local authority, Ofsted and other associated groups.
- To take into consideration a child’s needs arising from race, culture, language, religion and ability.
- To provide quality care and education.
- To support children’s families.
- To create a developmentally suitable programme of activities based on published standards that meet the needs of each individual child.
- To formulate and encourage equal opportunities for both children and adults.
- To support staff training courses enabling team members to develop skills and confidence.
- To pay regards to the Code of Practice for children with special educational needs.
Reviewed February 2008