Having read the prospectus and visited the premises, parents/ carers are asked to fully complete an enrolment form and to pay a registration fee or deposit to secure their child’s particular sessions at a Rum Tum Tugger’s Nursery. On signing the enrolment form, the parent/carer agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions of contract.
- Unless special arrangement is made, children over the age of 24 months are expected to wear nursery uniform and black plimsolls or slipper whilst on the nursery premises.
- Absences from nursery should be made known to the nursery staff by telephone as soon as possible.
- All holidays, including public holidays are charged at the normal rate of attendance.
- All sick leaves are charged at the normal rate of attendance.
- Unless special arrangements are agreed in advance, all fees will be paid by standing order, one month in arrears.
- Regular payments made by cash, cheque, credit or debit card are subject to administrative charges.
- Fees returned unpaid will incur a £10 administrative penalty.
- Late payments will incur a £10 penalty for each week or part week after the due date.
- All fees become payable on the 7th day of each calendar month.
- All parent/carers will give four weeks written notice of their intention to withdraw a child from nursery or will pay one month fees in lieu of notice.
- Non-payment of fees or breech of any other conditions will result in the nursery terminating the contract immediately. Four weeks fees in lieu of notice will be enforced.
- When a child leaves nursery, £30 of the registration fee will be refunded.
- On signing the enrolment form, the parent/carer agrees to abide by all of the policies and procedures set down in the nursery’s guidelines.
High demand for places at a Rum Tum Tugger’s Nursery necessitates the use of a Waiting List. It is managed in the following way.
- Children under the minimum age for admission will be added to the waiting list for a place to become available on or soon after they reach the age of admission.
- Children of admission age requiring a specific selection of days or sessions will be added to the waiting list until those sessions can be met.
- Registration fees become payable when the nursery can guarantee to match the parent/carer’s required sessions.
- If a registration fee is paid and the parent/carer decides to turn down the place, no refund will be made.
- As places become available, those children who have been on the waiting list longest or have taken alternative places in lieu will be offered those sessions, irrespective of the days that are available. If these sessions are not suitable, they will be offered to others based on longevity on the waiting list.
- Existing pupils wishing to change sessions will be similarly added to the waiting list. All requests for additional sessions should be made in writing to the nursery management.
- The management reserves the right to show discretion in certain circumstances.
1. The government offers finance for a free nursery place for every child from the beginning of the academic term after their third birthday.
2. A free nursery place consists of 5 sessions of 2.5 hours duration, 38 weeks per year.
3. Rum Tum Tugger’s does not offer a pre-school option so funding is offset against the fees for day care.
4. Should you require a free pre-school place, we can recommend good quality providers locally.
5. In extreme circumstances, Rum Tum Tugger’s can provide a free pre-school place, Monday to Friday, 2pm to 4.30pm.
6. Where a child attends day care and a school run nursery class, all funding is offered to the school and there is no split between providers.
7. Where a child attends a mix of providers other than school run nursery classes, parents/carers can nominate how to spread the five sessions available.
8. Additional sessions added in the current term will not receive funding until the following academic term.
Reviewed May 2008